Eclipse Junior Software Developer (Full-stack)
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Junior Software Developer (Full-stack) in European Union (Remote)
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-E) – Supporting women in STEM (wia-europe.org)
Sapienza Consulting has developed a software product ECLIPSE suite, which is continuously being improved with new features being added regularly to software releases using Agile methodologies, following the feedback from our fast-growing community of space industry professionals.
To serve the needs of the New Space, Defense and Industry sectors, Sapienza takes initiatives for designing and developing new products.
Software developer is part of the Development Team and is involved in all phases of the development process.
We are recruiting ECLIPSE and new software products Developer working from any country in Europe where Serco has an office.
Please note that this is a 1 year fixed term position with intention of renew the contract into permanent upon good performance
As Junior Software Developer (Full-stack) you will be responsible for:
- Design, development and testing of ECLIPSE application
- Full-stack: involvement in all architecture layers (Web development, Java programming, Databases)
- Participate in the Sprint Demo, planning and stand-ups
- Perform code and design reviews
- 3rd line Operational support (i.e. assist helpdesk/customer in investigating anomalies and problems)
- Produce technical documentation
- Assist Product Owners in defining and improving the ECLIPSE components and modules
- Proactively striving to extend his/her own skills and capabilities in line with the agreed career goals.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar), Java (or others) certifications are an advantage
- Experience with JQuery and Angula
- Experience with Relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Document-Orientated databases (MongoDB) is an advantage
- Experience with Spring Framework, Hibernate, Lucene is an advantage
- Experience with RESTful Web Services (oData) is an advantage
- Strong analytical and object-orientated design capabilities
- Good understanding of design patterns, API design, test driven development
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies