Interim Senior Procurement Manager – Europe
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for an Interim Senior Procurement Manager - Europe to reinforce the European team, ideally located in our Brussels office with Hybrid working capability !
Owing to continued business growth we are expanding our team.
The Interim Senior Procurement Manager oversees Serco's sourcing capabilities and supply chain. They are responsible for finding and evaluating suppliers, products and services, negotiating contracts and acquiring the most cost-efficient deals without compromising on quality.
You know how to get things done, you can manage multiple projects at once - of course, you won’t do this alone, you'll be supported by our wider projects team and our dedicated, passionate operational and management teams, living out our Serco values: Care, Trust, innovation and Pride.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
The role provides experience and expertise to the management and delivery of Procurement for the Serco Europe business unit in the UK&E Division and also for one of our geographic regions within Europe. The role has accountability for the Procurement function in the Serco Europe business unit and delivery of performance targets agreed with the Serco Europe management team including in-year and annualised savings target as agreed through the planning.
The manager oversees and builds strategic relationships with key stakeholders across the Serco Europe business unit and drive change and adoption of Procurement best practices. Leads Procurement support to bids and transitions ensuring competitive supply chain architecture to support profitable growth.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders and Procurement colleagues to ensure that Serco Europe business requirements are understood and supported by Procurement
- Optimises value delivery and risk mitigation from the Serco Europe business unit supply base
- Ensures that benefits are recognised by key stakeholders to allow benefit delivery
Owing to continued growth of Serco Europe we are developing a new European Procurement function and this role will be central to its success.
The role will report to the Finance Director for Europe with a dotted line to the UK&E Procurement function.
The role will have hiring / management responsibility for the service provided by a team of regional procurement managers within Europe.
The Interim Senior Procurement Manager will be building a new Procurement capability in Europe and will play a leading role in putting in place systems, tools and processes to effectively manage this.
As an Interim Senior Procurement Manager – Europe you will be responsible for:
- Design, implementation and improved sourcing strategies, which deliver value for money and innovation in accordance with the agreed procurement strategy and business plans.
- Development and negotiation of all supplier contracts.
- Combining cross-functional teams, supplier relationships, technology and organisational capabilities into successful programmes
- Liaising with key stakeholders to determine their product and service needs.
- Performing all procurement activities including pre-qualification, negotiating supplier agreements, preparation of contracts and tender management.
- Delegating tasks and supervising the work of Purchasing and Procurement Agents across all departments.
- Identifying areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Managing overall direction, coordination and evaluation of procurement for the European organisation.
- Developing strong relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business.
- Where appropriate, and with legal support, manage the offsetting of customer imposed risks to suppliers through the development of appropriate contracted relationships with suppliers
- Ensures bid alignment with Serco's evolving procurement category strategies
- Leads / facilities appropriate supplier / cross-functional workshops to seek and implement innovative and value adding proposals from suppliers.
- Support the bid team in drafting compelling bid responses to procurement & supply chain related responses, collaborating with technical / operation, legal & commercial colleagues as necessary to provide the optimal responses.
- Help make a visible contribution to Serco's bid win rate by delivering maximum commercial benefit, optimum risk transfer and innovative and quality supply chain solutions.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
The successful Interim Senior Procurement Manager – Europe will possess the following prerequisite skills:
- Is able to interact at all levels and with different cultures
- Fluent in English and German language – French and/or Dutch an additional bonus.
- Experience in sourcing and supplier selection and negotiation as well as supply chain solution design in relation to major bids.
- Strong understanding of key business and commercial issues within a public sector business services organisation.
- Ability to engage credibly with senior stakeholders, developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across a complex matrix organisation.
- Act as the key interface between the Business Unit and Central Procurement / Corporate Shared Services.
- Act as the Procurement Lead for particular bid(s) and/or transition activity.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and changing priorities in a fluid, fast-paced, deadline- driven project, pressured environment.
- A willingness and ability to travel
- MCIPS or Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, from a recognised institute.
Additional / special features of the role:
- Fluent in English language and German, French and/or Dutch an additional bonus.
- There will be requirements to travel within Europe and to the UK to support the teams and activities of the business
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For more information on how the personal data in your application is process, please see the link Data Protection policy here.
Serco European Agencies