System Engineer (CNES)
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a System Engineer in Toulouse.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco France is part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - we work alongside National (CNES, ASI) and International Agencies (ESA, EUMETSAT).
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
As System Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Audit and analysis of existing systems and risk analysis
- Design of new systems responding to strong operational constraints
- Design of the software architecture at the functional and technical level according to the different needs expressed
- Regular consistency checks between actual implementation and the recommended architecture model
- Support and advice to project implementation
- Internal coordination and team management
- Technology monitoring/benchmark.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
In addition to having an Engineering University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, the key person shall have a demonstrated experience of at least three years in the field of system engineering with specific experience as follows:
- Proven experience in the field of complex system design and integration,
- Proven experience in several environments and different computer languages,
- Ability to analyze functional needs and translate them into technical solutions,
- Ability to manage a development team,
- Ability to carry out test and acceptance phases,
- Proactive problem solving attitude,
- Fluency in French (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Earth Observation satellite data product formats.
- Knowledge of remote sensing algorithms
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies