Software Systems Application Engineer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Systems Application Engineer based at ESTEC.
The Software Engineer will join the Software Technology section. He/she will be assigned to the support of activities of the Software Division in both Ground and Flight areas.
This encompasses the maintenance, development, installation, operation and support of the Software Systems Laboratory facilities including:
- Collaborative Software Development Environment (CSDE) and all the related tools and applications (Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence, Virtualisation technologies, DOORS, etc.).
- Avionics Test Bed (ATB), including system simulation and test environments.
- Software Verification Facilities (SVF) and related tools as compilers (GCC, LLVM), Debuggers, software simulation and emulation (including HW-in-the-loop).
- Satellite Reference DataBase (SRDB) and related tools (SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) Reference Facility and in particular related development technologies.
- The administration of procurement (Purchase Orders and deliveries).
- The installation of Laboratory items, including installation of items procured or delivered in the frame of projects and the set-up of configurations (sometimes in cooperation with other TEC laboratories).
- The Software Systems Division Web site including Web application development.
The Ideal Candidate
Applicants for this post should have a university degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline, together with extensive experience in the Software development methods and tools.
Results orientation and relationship management are considered important.
The candidate should be familiar with modern software engineering practices and tools:
- Knowledge in Software production and test processes (e.g. continuous integration) and associated tools is mandatory (e.g. JIRA, Jenkins, Confluence, DOORS, Eclipse).
- Software practical experience, Object Oriented design methods as UML and eCore, databases (SQL), compilers, XML, XSLT, Linux, Windows and web application development as well as programming and scripting languages such as C, C++, Tcl/Tk, Python, Java are an important asset.
- Knowledge in software standards (space ECSS, aircrafts, train, automotive) is interesting.
- A pro-active and can-do attitude is expected.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies