Service Desk Operator
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Service Desk Operator for our prestigious partner ECB (European Central Bank) in Frankfurt. ECB (European central bank), it is the central bank of the 19 European Union countries which use the euro. Their main task is to maintain price stability.
Please, note the position is offered as a fixed-term contract until 29/02/2024.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
As Service Desk Operator you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Handling the switchboard internal/external calls
- Booking of meetings, including associated work orders for individual service providers
- Creation of tickets for all service providers
- Timely coordination of incoming emails and phone calls
- Provision of assistance to the employees on finding information related to daily processes
- Acting as a bridge between employees and service providers.
Please note: This position is offered as a fixed-term contract with an ending date of 29/02/2024.
There is a potential for a further extension/permanent contract.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Service Desk experience or similar customer-facing experience
- Technical know-how
- Very good customer service skills required
- Capable of adjusting and integrating into the multi-culture environment of a European organisation
- Friendly approach and the ability to handle complex situations is essential
- You shall be reliable, punctual, dress in business attire and competent to carry out the services
- Secondary school graduation (preferably high school graduation/Abitur) plus professional education
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience and in case of existing academic study, 2 years of professional experience
- Basic knowledge of Facility Management standards e.g. GEFMA
- Good knowledge of Ticket systems or CAFM software e.g.Planon
- Good knowledge of Switchboard systems e.g. CISCO
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Very good communication and customer service skills
- English and German skills level C1 (according to the "self-assessment grid" available on the Europass web site http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/);
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies