Senior Systems Administrator VMware (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customers in Brussels we are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator Vmware
See Ideal Candidate Section
The Ideal Candidate
Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Computer Science related subject and 5 years experience in Vmware administration. (In the absence of a degree each candidate will have an additional two years experience per annum of missing higher education)
- Certified to at least VMware Professional 5
- VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 (VCP5)
- 10 years experience in Windows Scripting, such as VBS, PowerShell, Batch, bash and phyton
- 10 years experience in Backup and recovery solutions using tools such as Windows NT Backup, Arcserve Backup, Symantec, LEGATO, Netbackup, Veeam, Vmware Site Recovery Manager.
- 6 years experience in networking protocols such as TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3, SNMP, HTTP and networking hardware
- 6 years experience with monitoring tools in different IT environments such as SCOM 2007, 2012, Nagios, Zabbix and WhatsUp
- 6 years experience including Mcafee solution with and/or without EPO
- 6 years experience with virtualisation using tools such as Vmware and Hyper-V
- 10 years experience in server operating systems such as Windows 2003, 2008 R2
- 10 years experience in Back Installations, Configuartion and execution using tools such as Netbackup, Veeam and Vmware Site Recovery Manager
- 10 years experience using Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows server 2008R2 and 2012R2 in operational environments
- 6 years experience in tools such as VMware vSphere 5 and 6 with vCloud Director with IaaS and Vmware vCloud Automation Center
- 6 years experience with installation, configuration, automation, management and deployment of the tool such as VMware vShere suite
- 5 years experience with tools such as VMware Site Recovery Manager and VMware HA
- Experience with IIS and Apache
- 5 years experience in a ITIL environment
- French - C1 level
- English - B2 level
/!\ PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST HOLD A VALID SECURITY CLEARANCE (EU/NATO) ON THE TIME OF APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
For your information, if you are selected for this role, we can offer you the following:
A permanent contract with Serco with an interesting salary completed by a superior package of extralegal benefits :
- Salaries are paid 13.92 times/year if a full year is completed - as follows:
- Monthly salary 12 times
- Holiday prime paid in June (92% of the salary)
- End year bonus (usually mid-December).
- Monthly net representation allowance
- Meal vouchers/worked day
- Medical insurance (extendable to your household)
- Group insurance
- A company car with a fuel card – if the car is not taken, this benefit is compensated by a monthly bonus
- Relocation support (if applicable)
- Internal mobility is strongly promoted
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies