Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
Are you ready to be the right hand to space exploration? We're looking for a Secretary/Administrative Assistant to join our team at the ESA-ESTEC site in the Netherlands. This is your chance to be part of one of the world's most prestigious space agencies. If you're eager to dive into the exciting world of space and be a crucial part of our team, we want to hear from you!
Please note that this role provides a 1 year support contract with high potential for renewal.
As Secretary/Administrative Assistant you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Support for JCB as backup will be part of your Activities.
- Supporting the Line Managers and teams in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organisational and contractual matters.
- Planning/coordinating the commitments and meetings, organising calendar and keeping the Line Managers informed on all issues of concern.
- Supervising the preparation of files for such meetings and any special subjects.
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Line Managers or for reply at a later time.
- Keeping organised records of these calls and checking closure and follow up.
- Analysing incoming mail- paper and e-mail - and presenting these data in an organised and prioritised manner.
- Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches staff to insure timely responses.
- Ensuring the diffusion of information for the Teams.
- Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements.
- Coordinating actions with other secretaries of the Department/ Division.
- Administrative support Coverage for other units when colleagues are on leave.
- Composing routine correspondence and keeping a filing system for incoming/outgoing mail.
- Generating documents and textual and graphics presentations.
- Check for correct authorisation, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorisation with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures).
- For the execution of the tasks the contractor will be expected to use related ESA Corporate software tools and documentation systems.
- Administering and maintaining the office documentation systems. Setting up the folder structure, registration, filing and distribution of correspondence and other documentation processed. • Follow up of teams’ actions.
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the teams to take actions on given issues.
- Interfacing and providing support to teams on administrative matters related to use of the relevant systems.
- Coordination with Facility Management for local, on-site support (e.g. staff and contractors TUD/leaving/relocating).
- Participating to Events organisation.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Administrative assistant experience at executive level and in an international context.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft365 and Teams.
- A good knowledge of the various ESA tools (i.a. MAS, ESA-P) is welcomed.
- SAP knowledge is considered an asset.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Knowledge of another European language is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of working methods in the space/telecommunications sector is considered an asset.
- It is important to note that this position requires a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Company events
• Access to training
• Access to the sport and social recreational facilities at ESTEC Escape Recreation Centre
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work. We are a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Serco Europe has operated in the Netherlands and Spain over the past 30 years, mainly in the field of Space. Serco Netherlands and Spain have a long history of partnership and trust with the European Space Agency (ESA).
In both countries, Serco is proud to deliver the highest calibre of people and services at ESTEC (ESA’s technology and engineering hub) and ESAC (ESA’s Astronomy and Science centre).
At the heart of its business, Serco Netherlands and Spain source, train, care and support employees, enabling them to better pursue their dreams of working in the Space industry in excelling in the delivery of essential public services.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For more information on how the personal data in your application is process, please see the link Data Protection policy here.
Serco European Agencies