Radio Navigation Engineer (ESA-ESTEC)
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Radio Navigation Engineer in Noordwijk.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-E) – Supporting women in STEM (wia-europe.org)
As Radio Navigation Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances in a hybrid Positioning-Navigation-Timing (PNT) framework (e.g. derivation of system performances and requirements, GNSS algorithms at signal and position level, alternative PNT systems and use of signals from LEO and from terrestrial cellular systems such as 5G, dead-reckoning motion sensors, etc.).
- Contribute to the Agency’s R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation, among others, in the following areas: future PNT systems and concepts, integrity and receiver algorithms (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms, situational awareness and mitigation of local impairments, use of signals of opportunity and 5G / 5G NTN) for improved availability, reliability and resilience.
- Participation and active contributions to ESA activities supporting standardisation bodies and technical working groups addressing the aforementioned topics.
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the aforementioned topics, including for example, R&D activities, procurement of GNSS testbeds and receivers for infrastructure or user technologies / test user segments.
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master’s degree in the fields of Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers.
- Proven experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms.
- Background and solid experience including hands-on experience on testbeds and field trials in several of the following fields:
- GNSS/SBAS systems and associated user technologies,
- Non-GNSS PNT systems and user technologies (in particular those involving 5G and/or V2X technologies);
- advanced signal processing and estimation algorithms applied to PNT (e.g. 5G signals, angular measurements, MIMO, kalman filter, sensor fusion, etc.);
- space and ground systems architecture;
- Experience in one or more of the following fields is considered an asset: Galileo OS/HAS/CAS, Message/Ranging Authentication, Signals of Opportunity, EGNOS, Space GNSS receivers.
- Some experience of commercial simulation software is desirable.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Eligibility to obtain an EU personal security clearance from the relevant national authority..
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies