Programme/Project Controller (ESA-ECSAT)
Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to national strategies.
We are seeking a Programme/Project Controller to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ECSAT) in the United Kingdom. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought-after space agencies in the world.
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-E) – Supporting women in STEM (wia-europe.org)
As part of the Business Management Controlling & Administration Division, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation and maintenance of overall programmatic aspects of the project, i.e. cost, finance, documentation and progress control as well as risk related aspects with the aim to provide full visibility on all aspects related to programme resources.
- Implementing and operating planning and control procedures to provide full visibility on all activities related to the progress, while ensuring compliance with established requirements for management reporting on cost, schedule, resources and industrial return.
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents or contract change with respect to management, cost and schedule/planning requirements and participating in the evaluation of proposals, preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations and participating in all tasks related to placing of contracts.
- Supporting the management of industrial contracts, monitoring assigned contracts with respect to cost, progress, invoicing, payments, industrial return, geo return, deviations from plans and trends, interface with Delegations and industry (using SAP tool).
- Establishing and maintaining of annual budgets, manpower planning, cost at completion and geo return files.
- Monitoring financial commitments for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations.
- Administering of manpower, missions and industrial procurements from a financial perspective (using WLMS tool).
- Participating to reviews and progress meetings.
- Providing required programmatic, workforce and financial data as well as support with analysis of such data as required preparing the regular programmatic and financial reporting to ESA management and national delegations.
- Supporting the risk management process (using ARAMIS tool).
- Implementing and maintaining the tools and the procedures for Project Documentation System (using Eclipse tool).
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master´s degree in Engineering or equivalent, or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies, or equivalent qualification in Business Administration is mandatory; together with a project control background and experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience, such as project controller, required.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry.
- Experience in Satcom industry (Space and Ground Segments); - Experience in Private-Public Partnership contracts.
- Experience in maintaining a Cost at Completion, anticipating and highlighting areas of concerns (technically and programmatically), and initiating mitigation actions.
- Experience in the preparation of synthetic reports with deviations from plans and trends. This includes Industrial as well as Operational cost.
- Experience with the application of project management and project control principles related to the preparation, negotiation and implementation of industrial procurements.
- Experience with industrial return forecasting and reporting is an asset.
- Experience in maintenance of a risk register, high-level schedule and document configuration control.
- Experience in project review and risk management processes.
- Experience in the analysis of business cases / 3rd party investments is an asset.
- Highly proficient with planning and project control tools (e.g. SAP, MS Excel, MS Project).
- Familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-P, Eclipse) is an asset;
- Excellent planning and organization skills and attention to detail, good judgment and a pragmatic approach.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule.
- Good sense of contacts and communications, ability to interface at appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside of the Directorate.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco European Agencies