Optical Engineer (RT-C/TEC-MMO/00637)
Do you have working knowledge of ZEMAX and/or CODE V? You could be our new Optical Engineer. Come and join the Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is amongst the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Optical Engineer you will:
• Follow-up of the Instrument Optical Design Aspects and support the development of the Optical Modules by providing expert technical support to ESA projects and studies for the development of optical space instrumentation throughout all project phases;
• Definition and review of all optical system engineering aspects, including requirements, both at system and subsystem level, internal and external interfaces, and engineering budgets;
• Participating in project reviews and support the evaluation of procurement proposals;
• Contribute to design/optical related performances improvement, in particular by identifying critical development problems and assisting in their resolution;
• Develop mathematical modelling and simulations of optical instruments;
• Support the definition and follow-up of Instrument on-ground calibration activities and of in-orbit commissioning.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
• PhD or Master in Physics or Optical Engineering
• Project and/or industrial experience in the design, engineering and testing of various types of optical instrumentation.
• Good working knowledge of ZEMAX and/or CODE V (and preferably also ASAP).
• Hands-on experience in optical manufacturing techniques, alignment and tolerancing.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies