We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Mission Controller in Darmstadt.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :) Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) based in Darmstadt, Germany.
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
As Mission Controller you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Operate on a 24/7 shift basis all or part of the mission control system, which includes parts of the ground segment as well as the space segment
- Assist in configuring and testing the operational system to support the operations
- In case of ground or space segment anomaly take corrective action as necessary, applying the contingency / emergency procedures approved for the mission to ensure spacecraft safety and the continuity of service provision to users
- Participate in other operations-related activities (small system development, procedures development or maintenance etc.) upon request of the team.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- experience working with computer systems and PC literacy is required
- adaptable, self-disciplined and able to work in a calm and correct manner under conditions of stress
- the position requires working a shift rota
- must be able to fit in well within a small operations team
- should have a solid background in a technical environment
- ex-military personnel should have completed a service College apprenticeship in electronics/telecommunications, and possess a background in Avionics, Air Defence, Air Radar or Communications or in any relevant area
- should preferable have a degree at BSc level in a relevant subject such as IT, Telecommunications, Physics or Aerospace engineering etc.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work. We are a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Serco provides the User Helpdesk and Data Centre Operations Service of the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT), which plays a key role in enhancing the use of EUMETSAT data, products and data services.
The main objective of the service is to ensure effective and user-driven service to support the provision of data, both real-time and offline, as well as to provide comprehensive technical information to support all forms of user enquiries relating both to current operational services and to future satellite programmes of EUMETSAT.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For more information on how the personal data in your application is process, please see the link Data Protection policy here.
Serco European Agencies