Mechanical AIV / AIT Engineering
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a Mechanical AIV / AIT Engineering to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought-after space agencies in the world.
As Mechanical AIV / AIT Engineering you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Proactively support Projects with respect to AIT and AIV domains, in particular proactively monitoring and coordinating AIT activities and providing support to Engineering and AIT Manager on Project side with respect to AIT-related aspects, integration, test and launch campaigns preparation and follow-on, assessment of AIT schedule and associated risks, support to project reviews in line with specific AIV and AIT technical competences requested.
- Support Agency projects on AIV/AIT issues, in particular environmental testing including follow up of industry activities.
- Support the Customers of the Test Centre through all project phases, taking into account project requirements and performance of facilities.
- Support Agency projects with respect to model philosophy definition, requirement specification, planning, costing, risk assessment, test execution and verification control.
- Support Agency project studies and reviews in the Concurrent Design Facility at ESTEC in the domain programmatics and AIV/AIT.
- Participate in formal project reviews and tender evaluation boards, usually in the AIV panel.
- Participate in the development of new methods and tools, the preparation and implementation of investments.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in space domain, with Environmental test campaigns and Launch Campaigns expertise.
- Master’s degree with relevant experience.
- Experience in satellite AIV and satellite testing, and some experience in management.
- Experience in the development and verification of space hardware.
- Knowledge and experience with GSE.
- Experience in management and monitoring of industrial activities.
- Focus on system level activities and thermo-mechanical domain.
- Experience with functional testing will be considered an asset.
- System view and knowledge of other engineering areas on top of AIT/AIV competences will be considered an asset.
- Sound knowledge of satellite qualification and acceptance testing.
- Proven experience with satellite system and/or payload AIT activities preparation, implementation and evaluation.
- Proven experience with test preparation, configuration and execution including relevant procedures and processes.
- Experience with active monitoring and support to industrial AITactivities, including problems troubleshooting and resolution.
- Good team spirit and teamwork experience in space related projects is considered key, as coordination with engineering and necessary specialists has to be ensured along AIT activities.
- Experience with AIT schedules assessment, identifying associated risks and proposing mitigation actions.
- Experience with NCR process and satellite project reviews.
- Experience with lessons learned management;.
- Availability to support regular missions abroad as required by Projects; along limited periods.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Company events
• Access to training
• Access to the sport and social recreational facilities at ESTEC Escape Recreation Centre
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work. We are a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Serco Europe has operated in the Netherlands and Spain over the past 30 years, mainly in the field of Space. Serco Netherlands and Spain have a long history of partnership and trust with the European Space Agency (ESA).
In both countries, Serco is proud to deliver the highest calibre of people and services at ESTEC (ESA’s technology and engineering hub) and ESAC (ESA’s Astronomy and Science centre).
At the heart of its business, Serco Netherlands and Spain source, train, care and support employees, enabling them to better pursue their dreams of working in the Space industry in excelling in the delivery of essential public services.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For more information on how the personal data in your application is process, please see the link Data Protection policy here.
Serco European Agencies