Management System Support (ESA-ESTEC)
Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to national strategies.
We are seeking a Management System Support to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought-after space agencies in the world.
This position concerns support related to the development, implementation and maintenance of the Corporate Directorates ISO 9001 Management System, in specific in the Estates and Facilities Management Department (HIF-E) of the Directorate of Internal Services (D/HIF).
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-E) – Supporting women in STEM (wia-europe.org)
As Management System Support you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Define and document the organization’s processes and update the existing processes.
- Monitor the status of the audit findings and make sure corrective actions are put in place.
- Support the preparation of the QMS Management review.
- Lead the non-conformance review boards in the Facility Management domain: analyze the non-conformances, review the corrective/preventive actions.
- Analyze the complaints in the Facility Management domain and issue complaint reports to the customers.
- Support the user surveys implementation, the analysis and monitor the improvement plans.
- Support risks assessments.
- Provide quality assurance support to projects and services.
- Train the HIF-E Staff to the Quality Management System and maintain the training material.
- Prepare and conduct internal and 2nd party quality audits in the Corporate Directorates area.
- Assessing the organisation’s existing processes for their efficiency, coherency within themselves and between different domains, analysing gaps, and developing improved processes.
- The scope of activities include the review and harmonisation of existing practices, documentation, workflows, optimisation of IT tools used supporting the processes, and/or introduction of new tools as appropriate.
- The responsibilities are discharged in close collaboration with the performers of the business functions by means of workshops, interviews and brainstorming sessions.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master’s degree in industrial engineering, in economics and/or business administration.
- Minimum of 5-year experience in the Quality Management System and Quality assurance.
- Experience in Facility Management domain and 2nd party audits in the
- Experience leading quality audits, in particular with regards the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001 standards and other international standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies