Logistics and Physical Security Engineer
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Logistics and Physical Security Engineer in Noordwijk.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
This position covers the establishment, maintenance and operation of security related processes and technical infrastructure (general and security specific ICT, access control and intrusion detection systems, encryption devices and networks, etc.) and the execution of administrative activities associated to it.
These tasks are carried out with the relevant ESA services in the support directorates and in coordination with other NAV services and units.
- Physical Security Definition, set up, maintenance and operation of CCTV, access control and intrusion detection systems and of D/NAV directorate dedicated infrastructure for the management of classified and unclassified information. This includes:
- Coordination with ESA Corporate services (Facility Management for implementation, maintenance and operations, ESA Security Office for accreditation).
- Coordination with external entities for D/NAV team physical security matters outside ESA premises.
- Coordination with counterparts in other security offices within ESA (PRS Lab, ETS test facilities, ESOC) and outside ESA (EC, GSA, Arianespace, CNES, Industry) for issues concerned with the D/NAV team Physical Security and logistics.
- Support the procurement of delta equipment, software and services in the domain of Physical Security.
- ICT Security Definition set up, maintenance and operation of the ICT security related matters of the D/NAV directorate dedicated infrastructure for the management of classified and unclassified information. This includes:
- Definition, implementation and control of ICT infrastructure for classified information(Galileo Secure Environment).
- Coordination with ESA Corporate ICT services for delta security-related ICT services (e.g. HD encryption, security threats and incidents, virus alerts handling, etc.).
- Coordination with counterparts in other security offices within ESA (PRS Lab, ETS test facilities, EGNOS) and outside ESA (EC, GSA, Arianespace, CNES, Industry) for issues concerned with the D/NAV team ICT Security and logistics related matters.
- Establishment, operation and maintenance of classified communication networks (SINA) in support of procurement and operational tasks.
- Support the procurement of delta equipment, software and services in the domain of ICT Security.
- Provide direct support to the Head of the Physical, ICT & Personnel Security Unit in the management of the Galileo Secured Environment and supervise day today operation.oProvide direct technical advice to D/NAV and Galileo Security Office Management decisions on ICT Security, Physical Security and logistics matters.
- Perform and/or supervise the set-up, securing, administration and maintenance of ad-hoc D/NAV ICT infrastructure.
- Act as technical interface for ICT security, Physical security and logistics matters related to Test and Launch campaigns.
- Support other Members of the Galileo Security Office for the execution of the following activities:
- Mission level bodies for Security Regulations (WG-PCI).
- Operational Network Security activities.
- Office productivity: PC (desktop, laptops) and virtualised based system aspects under Windows and Mac OS and Linux, and related peripherals, printers, plotters, CDROM, DVD
- Microsoft Office Professional package (in particular MS Excel and Access) in combination with Web based applications (using OLE automation) and Microsoft Windows server environments, Active Directory and Networking.
- Windows Server and Client platforms, Mac OS X Server and Client, iOS platforms, Linux platform, virtualisation technologies (e.g. Citrix, VMWare).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies