IT Expert - 12516
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring an IT Expert - 12516 for European Commission DG Informatics (DIGIT TM) in Brussels and various locations around Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
The European Commission would like to benefit from external IT consultancy services, highly experienced in the IBM Case Manager / IBM FileNet suite (IBM CM / FileNet), which is the Case Management Framework acquired by the European Commission for the implementation of the CASE@EC solution. These consultancy services will support the European Commission in setting up, integrating, operating, and maintaining CASE@EC the case management solution.
The external IT consultant shall support the European Commission in this endeavour by:
- Designing the deployment architecture and fine-tuning it, ensuring performance, scalability, failure resilience, monitoring, backup, fail recovery and disaster recovery.
- Configuring the IBM CM / FileNet suite in an efficient and sustainable way (ensuring
- efficient management and re-usability of configuration).
- Using the interoperability capabilities of the IBM CM / FileNet suite to design and support for implementation of the necessary integrations with local and corporate information systems.
- Matching of the business and user needs of the European Commission with the features of the IBM CM / FileNet suite. Identify the gaps and propose suitable solution alternatives that cover the business requirements.
- Ensure that the customisation and extensions made respect the IBM CM architecture to ensure backward compatibility with future developments of the IBM products.
- Using the extensibility and development capabilities of the IBM CM / FileNet suite in an efficient and sustainable way (re-use of code, avoiding branching).
- Sharing their knowledge about the IBM CM / FileNet suite with members of the
- European Commission's project team and assist them when necessary.
In particular the following services will be provided:
- Map business requirements to the features/capabilities of the IBM CM / FileNet suite.
- Define configuration and customisation strategy and approach, ensuring their efficient
- management and reusability.
- Advise and help for the setup of the development environment adapted to the IBM CM/ FileNet suite, including continuous integration and automated testing (unit tests);
- Support the customisation and development of the case management solution according to the European Commission needs.
- Support on analysis and modelling of data.
- Advise, design and help implement the hosting architecture for the IBM CM / FileNet solution, including backups, scalability, failure resilience, deployment automation and disaster recovery architecture.
- Advise on sizing of technical resources to reach required performance.
- Advise and help implement interoperability and integration of the IBM CM / FileNet suite with other information systems by using the most appropriate interoperability capacities.
- Participate in pertinent meetings.
- Produce the relevant documentation.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
MINIMUM TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE, CERTIFICATIONS)
• Required expertise :
- IBM Case Manager
- IBM Content Foundation (Extensive knowledge of both content and process
- engine aspects)
- IBM Content Navigator (customising and extension development)
- IBM CM External Data Services
- IBM Deployment Manager
- IBM Content Collector
- IBM Calendar Module
- IBM Daeja ViewONE
- SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle RDBMS.
- Performance testing tools (JMeter, LaodRunner)
- MS Office Integration
- IBM Docs
- Development experience with AJAX based frameworks (DOJO, AngularJS,etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of SOAP Web Services and REST
• Desired certifications:
- IBM Certified Specialist - FileNet
- IBM Certified Solution Designer - Case Manager
- IBM FileNet Certified Solution Architect
Corporate Benefits Package
Chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work. We are a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
Under the DIGIT TM II framework contract Serco provides external service provision in Time and Means for development, consultancy and support in the field of Information Systems for the European Commission, the European Commission Executive Agencies and Joint Research Centre (JRC) on Lot 1, 2 and 3 in Brussels and various locations around Europe.
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For more information on how the personal data in your application is process, please see the link Data Protection policy here.
Serco European Agencies