Head of IT ( Eu Institutions / Defence )
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a Head of IT ( Eu Institutions / Defence ) , to reinforce the teams in Belgium / Netherlands or France!
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Head of IT ( Eu Institutions / Defence ) you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the Sector technology budget, planning, targets, tracking and forecasting
- Responsible for all technology within the Sector
- Single point of contact for Sector MD’s and Contract Directors
- Develop and implement technology strategies aligned with the sector and company's goals and objectives.
- Management of Sector technology resources and coordination of local execution, providing guidance, training and performance evaluations.
- Management of all technology suppliers within the Sector, coordination of their activities and monitoring of their performance.
- Responsible for the performance of technology across the Sector linked to KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Link to the Europe Architecture function and other key stakeholders for Sector requirements, solutions and roadmaps.
- Stay updated with industry trends and best practices, and recommend improvements to enhance the Sector technology capabilities.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and enhancement of technology services i.e. transform, automate, eliminate, digitise, innovate and pioneer.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium / Netherlands or France.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, a related field or equivalent work experience. A master's degree is desirable.
- Proven experience as an IT manager or in a similar leadership role.
- Strong technical knowledge across a broad range of technology areas, including infrastructure, networking, security, and systems administration.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, with a track record of successful project delivery.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a strategic mindset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance standards related to technology, such as data protection and privacy laws.
- Familiarity with cloud computing, enterprise software, and emerging technologies.
- Industry certifications, such as ITIL, PMP, or CISSP, are a plus.
- German, French, Italian, or Dutch nice to have
Corporate Benefits Package
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For more information on how the personal data in your application is process, please see the link Data Protection policy here.
Serco European Agencies