HR & Finance Officer
Serco Nederland BV, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a HR & Finance Officer Based in Noordwijk.
The successful candidate should concentrate his/her activities on the following:
- Verification of timesheets Serco employees / partners
- Verification of days worked as shown on timesheets against our contract administration tools using Synergy/ Exact
- Compiling and analysing data for the business and wider Serco reporting
- Day-to-day support to contract personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation. (including corresponding with 3rd party agencies)
- Analysing incoming expense claim documents against receipts and process
- Compilation et filing in preparation of quarterly invoicing
- Processing data into finance tool to enable invoicing and payment to suppliers
- Being the point of contact for general information requests via email to our staff
- Supporting the end of month financial reporting
- Assistance with filing, processing and communications
- Organising the General Managers diary
- Responsible for hospitality booking and management
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Understanding of Dutch Law
- SPD qualification required or relevant bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with office automation tools Microsoft Office, in particular
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Strong communications skills – ability to manage and action a large number of people
- Highly enthusiastic
- Agility to adapt from Finance tasks and Personnel/ business tasks.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to organise and structure other people diaries
- Any other qualifications in HR and Finance an advantage, but not essential
Additionally, the successful candidate should be able to:
- Identify problems within own area of remit and takes responsibility for finding a solution regardless of the causes.
- Actively work towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrate enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Show drive to make a difference to others at work.
- Interact with others in a supportive way and in accordance with our Values.
- Clearly and concisely convey information and ideas that engage others.
- Demonstrate proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts.
- Effectively manage their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Take responsibility for one’s own personal impact and development, focusing on increasing self-awareness as well as identifying new areas for learning and professional development and creating learning opportunities.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies