Europe Procurement Manager
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a Europe Procurement Manager to reinforce the European team, ideally located in our Brussels office with Hybrid working capability !
Owing to continued business growth we are expanding our team.
The Europe Procurement Manager oversees Serco's sourcing capabilities and supply chain. They are responsible for finding and evaluating suppliers, products and services, negotiating contracts and acquiring the most cost-efficient deals without compromising on quality.
You know how to get things done, you can manage multiple projects at once - of course, you won’t do this alone, you'll be supported by our wider projects team and our dedicated, passionate operational and management teams, living out our Serco values: Care, Trust, innovation and Pride.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
The role provides experience and expertise to the management and delivery of Procurement for the Serco Europe business unit in the UK&E Division and also for one of our geographic regions within Europe. The role has accountability for the Procurement function in the Serco Europe business unit and delivery of performance targets agreed with the Serco Europe management team including in-year and annualised savings target as agreed through the planning.
The manager oversees and builds strategic relationships with key stakeholders across the Serco Europe business unit and drive change and adoption of Procurement best practices. Leads Procurement support to bids and transitions ensuring competitive supply chain architecture to support profitable growth.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders and Procurement colleagues to ensure that Serco Europe business requirements are understood and supported by Procurement
- Optimises value delivery and risk mitigation from the Serco Europe business unit supply base
- Ensures that benefits are recognised by key stakeholders to allow benefit delivery
Owing to continued growth of Serco Europe we are developing a new European Procurement function and this role will be central to its success.
The role will report to the Finance Director for Europe with a dotted line to the UK&E Procurement function.
The role will have hiring / management responsibility for the service provided by a team of regional procurement managers within Europe.
The European Procurement Manager will be building a new Procurement capability in Europe and will play a leading role in putting in place systems, tools and processes to effectively manage this.
- Design and implementation of a new Procurement capability in Europe, to deliver value for Serco’s businesses in Europe and in accordance with the agreed procurement strategy, business plans and the Serco Management System.
- Combining cross-functional teams, supplier relationships, technology and organisational capabilities into successful programmes
- This will require creating the strategy, defining responsibilities, allocating resources, creating a roadmap to implement processes/systems/data and then to oversee implementation
- Developing the Procurement strategy for Serco Europe working in collaboration with European business leadership. Working with key stakeholders to determine their product and service needs.
- Performing procurement activities at European level for major suppliers including pre-qualification, negotiating supplier agreements, preparation of contracts and tender management.
- Developing strong relationships with business stakeholders and strategic European supply partners to improve business.
- Oversight and co-ordination of regional Procurement managers to ensure consistent application of policies and processes across Serco Europe and a high quality of service to managers.
- In addition, delivery of procurement services for one of the regions within Europe
- Setting the framework and supporting the work of operational team purchasing throughout Serco Europe.
- Supporting bid teams in drafting compelling bid responses to procurement & supply chain related responses, collaborating with technical / operation, legal & commercial colleagues as necessary to provide the optimal responses and to deliver innovative, value adding proposals from suppliers.
- Identify and regularly review business critical suppliers to the Serco Europe business unit. Own the assessment, management and mitigation of the ‘Failure of a Business Critical Supplier’ principal risk in the Serco Europe business unit.
- Drive adoption of supplier management processes to build relationships with key suppliers to the UK&E Division to ensure that performance and value is delivered whilst managing the risks
- Contributing to Serco's bid success by delivering maximum commercial benefit, optimum risk transfer and innovative and quality supply chain solutions. Ensure bid alignment with Serco's procurement category strategies
- Support the procurement requirements of businesses acquired by Serco
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- An experienced Procurement leader, used to working across multiple countries, categories and suppliers able to manage multiple priorities at once
- Experience of establishing a Procurement team or having played a leading role in a Procurement transformation project in the past
- A clear and effective communicator able to use influencing skills to guide the business to make good decisions in Procurement practices
- Experience in sourcing and supplier selection and negotiation including experience in negotiating and drafting effective supplier contracts
- Experience in developing supply chain solutions for major commercial bids
- Strong commercial acumen able to deliver value through the supply chain
- Ability to engage credibly with senior stakeholders, developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across a matrix organisation
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and changing priorities in a fluid, fast-paced, deadline-driven project environment
- Is able to interact at all levels and with different cultures
- MCIPS or Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, from a recognised institute or an equivalent qualification
- Experience in a related services or government facing organisation
Additional / special features of the role:
- Fluent in English language and German, French and/or Dutch an additional bonus.
- There will be requirements to travel within Europe and to the UK to support the teams and activities of the business
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For more information on how the personal data in your application is process, please see the link Data Protection policy here.
Serco European Agencies