ESA PDGS System Engineer
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA's Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
Serco Italy has a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to ESA. To provide continual service improvement, Serco has recently introduced a special focus on evolution and innovation, with the aim of supporting ESA in further evolving the services and products.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of ESA PDGS System Engineer in Frascati !
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As ESA PDGS System Engineer you will be responsible for:
- PDGS system requirements specification
- PDGS architectural design specification
- PDGS sub-systems requirements definition
- PDGS sub-systems Industrial Procurement preparation
- PDGS Integration and Validation specification
- Support to the GS Integration and Validation
- PDGS preparation for Launch
- PDGS Commissioning phase preparation and coordination
- PDGS Operational phase preparation
- PDGS Evolutions specification
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- You have a university degree or equivalent qualification, preferably engineer or in Remote Sensing;
- Strong experience on ground segments implementation, in particular on:
- Analysis and definition of PDGS system requirements;
- Design of PDGS system;
- Development of Payload Data Ground Segments sub-systems;
- Definition and execution of system integration, verification and validation activities;
- Analysis and estimation of system performances;
- System and Software anomalies management: reporting, analysis, classification and resolution.
- Project management experience, preferably in the field of Earth Observation Ground Segment Development;
- Knowledge of the ECSS standards and, as an asset, documentation and configuration control management techniques;
- Knowledge of the ESA Earth Explorers missions (and instruments) and processes related to their PDGS development would be an asset;
- Programming skills (in order to develop tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS engineering, testing and validation, etc.) would be an asset
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies