At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Serco Italy has a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to ESA. To provide continual service improvement, Serco has recently introduced a special focus on evolution and innovation, with the aim of supporting ESA in further evolving the services and products.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Database Administrator in Frascati !
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
- Perform and coordinate effective installation of databases/instances and properly configure hardware and software parameters on servers.
- Administer databases, install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Perform database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum up-time of the database.
- Evaluate releases of Oracle, its tools, and third-party products to ensure that the hosted customer Web site is running the products that are most appropriate..
- Provide performance monitoring during all phases of the application development lifecycle and maintain the database efficiency during application operations.
- Evaluate the adequacy of system hardware and software to meet present and future needs and provides trend analysis to the team.
- Work with team to automate management tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions as needed.
- Evaluate access permissions and privileges. Implement and enforce security.
- Plan, develop, manage and test DB backups and recovery plans.
- Provide complete and thorough documentation. Plan and perform appropriate procedures, documentation, inventory assessment, and other procedures related to the RDBMS.
- Provide reports and performance analysis of vital system parameters.
- Report status and flags issues to Service Manager and to Customer representative.
- Work on a multi-contract environment being able to identify priorities and organize activity planning
- Oracle RDBMS certification
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and related management tools.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle High Availability configuration, administration and operation.
- Extensive knowledge of MySQL RDBMS installation/administration and tuning.
- Extensive knowledge of Postgres RDBMS installation/administration and tuning.
- Extensive knowledge of MongoDB (NOSQL) installation/administration and tuning.
- Extensive knowledge of DB administration in Datawarehouse environments.
- Knowledge of Influx dB installation/administration and tuning.
- SQL scripting, stored procedures, triggers, cursors and views.
- Good understanding of ITIL practices.
- Knowledge of High Availability installation/administration and tuning
- Certifications in the relevant technologies are a strong asset.
- Excellent written and oral command of English. Knowledge of Italian is not mandatory but would be an asset.
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working are mandatory.
- Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones.
- Capacity of working under pressure.
Knowledge & Experience
At least 3 years of work experience, in the field of duties, of which:
- at least six (2) years proven Oracle database administration experience,
- five (1) years proven experience of managing multiple RDBMS on complex systems, monitoring and tuning databases to provide a high availability service,
- four (4) years of experience of SQL scripting, stored procedures, triggers, cursors and views,
- Solid experience matured on Datacentre environments on storage and data management products, preferably NetApp based SAN/NAS technologies..
- Strong experience in setting up Databases in Virtual environments both on Physical and Cloud Platforms.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies