Copernicus Service Project Account Manager
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
You will have the opportunity to support ESA in the Copernicus Space Component Coordinated Data Access System (CSCDA) project during the implementation cycle and operational deployment of the follow-up project PRISM (Copernicus contributing missions access support functions and platform), responding to Copernicus Service Projects’ (CSP) evolving needs.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• CSP Progress Review organization and lead
• Recording, Tracking, analysis of User Needs and their mapping in Data Warehouse Requirements (DWH).
• End to End Management of CSCDA Datasets (DAP updates, status, level of implementation, daily monitoring of orders, escalations, closure)
• Quota Management
• User Survey Process Management
• Participation to CSP events and meetings
• Assessment of service improvements
• Copernicus Contributing Mission Entities (CCME) monthly report reconciliation and validation
• Support Long term evolution of DWH
• CSCDA Evolution support ( including requirements definition support (ITTs and CCNs) and Operations Scenarios definition)
• Preparation of news about CSP activities
The Ideal Candidate
The following experience is mandatory:
• You have a degree in a relevant technical field such as Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Geography, Geosciences.
• You have at least 5 years of experience in a directly relevant Space EO industrial or research environment.
• Knowledge of ESA EO missions and their operational context
• Knowledge of EO based science application
• Awareness of Copernicus environment stakeholder and CCME
• Knowledge of GIS and related tools
• Drafting and editing complex technical reports
• Proficiency in MS Office Tools
The following skills are mandatory:
• Technical Writing
• Meeting Management
• Task Management
• Team working
• User oriented focusing
• Relationship Savvy
• Results Oriented
• Appetite for Learning
• Documentation Review
• Ability to coordinate complex tasks
• Proactive approach
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You have knowledge of the Copernicus Space Component Data Access (CSCDA) context.
• Good knowledge of Earth Science research community
• Project Management expertise
• System Engineering
• Job experience in International context
• EO Data Processing
If candidates with equally relevant experience are identified, preference will be given to candidates within "Categorie Protette (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità” (only applicable in case of Italian candidates).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
About the Company
Serco Italia Spa, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco European Agencies