Business Analyst (Earth Observation domain)
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA's Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
Serco Italy has a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to ESA. To provide continual service improvement, Serco has recently introduced a special focus on evolution and innovation, with the aim of supporting ESA in further evolving the services and products.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Business Analyst (Earth Observation domain) in Frascati !
This position is fixed term 1 year contract.
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to email@example.com – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Business Analyst (Earth Observation domain) you will be responsible for:
- Specify business requirements, non-functional requirements, industrial requirements and requirements for communication
- Conduct process analysis and interviews with key stakeholders and end-users
- Define a business plan, based on competitiveness landscape analysis and market analysis, which will ensure the commercialization and sustainability of the project products and services during and beyond the project lifetime. The business plan will include the exploitable assets, detailed marketing strategies, pricing estimations, and sales projections for the exploitation of the project results.
- Define a Long Term Data Preservation (LTDP) framework for EO and non EO (sensor data, social media posts) data that will ensure the accessibility and ability to re-use project datasets, in line with the project’s data management plan.
- Conduct interviews with the data providers to gather accurate descriptions of their data, metadata, data ingest, maintenance and access capabilities.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (minimum requirements)
- University degree in Engineering or a technical field that provides similar competences.
- Ability to specify user and system requirements
- Ability to define business plans and conduct market analyses
- Excellent scientific and technical writing skills
- Fluency in English
- Ability to define a Long Term Data Preservation Framework for Earth Observation (EO) and non-EO data
- Teamwork capabilities.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Capacity to meet deadlines and milestones
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (minimum requirements)
- Ideally between 3 and 9 years of experience
- Sound experience with the requirement engineering process,
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle,
- Sound experience with the LTDP frameworks and techniques,
- Sound experience with the definition of business plans and the conduction of market analyses,
- Experience with the Earth Observation (EO) domain and data
- Familiarity with the Copernicus program.
OTHER SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 (including office, word, excel, powerpoint, teams, visio)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies