Health & Safety Management Officer (Temporary Contract)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESOC, we are currently looking for a Health & Safety Management Officer to be responsible for managing and monitoring the Occupational Health, Safety and Environment (OHSE) within the workplace (including Construction Sites, people on site plus visitors and construction workers).
The role will be offered initially as fixed-term contract until 15/04/18 with possibility of extension.
The key person will support the Head of ESOC Health, Safety, Security & Environment Unit and the overall tasks will include:
- Processing and monitoring of hot and cold work permits;
- Ordering and distributing Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE);
- Conducting workplace safety inspections, monitoring Hazards & risks;
- Investigating incidents, near misses, accidents and creating statistical trends;
- Liaising with Local Authorities, ESOC FASI and contractors especially the security team on site;
- Providing support to audits and maintenance of ESOC Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems and the document management;
- Providing input to and assisting in the health & safety risk assessments for day-to-day site operations and for facility management projects such as asbestos removal project or environmental management system implementation, etc.;
- Developing procedures & instructions for accident prevention, health events and promoting safe working conditions;
- Coordinating and managing of emergency procedures including emergency drills;
- Providing support to Fire prevention, rescue, first aid and preservation of good working environment;
- Facilitating workplace visits with ESOC Medical Practitioner;
- Preparation and Coordination of Evacuation exercises and respective trainings for Area Coordinators;
- Planning and organising the Workplace Health Promotion Events;
- Delivering Health & Safety Briefings;
- Providing support to enforcement of ESOC Health & Safety Policy, European and German Health & Safety Legislation and Regulations;
- Participation in regular Health & Safety meetings (currently held 3 times a week). Also participation in splinter meetings at short notice will be required. Meetings are held in English.
The Ideal Candidate
Applicants should be qualified as “Fachkraft für Arbeitssicherheit”. Additionally, the key person should bring at least 2 years of experience in occupational health & safety area as well as knowledge or experience in the following fields, but not limited to:
- European and German Health and Safety Norms & Regulations;
- Fluent written and spoken English and German;
- Knowledge of Asbestos and other hazardous substances;
- Team player in a multi-national environment;
- Good problem solving, communication and negotiation skills;
- Good experience with PC based MS-Office products;
- First Aid Certificate;
- Fire Protection Certificate.
This vacancy needs to be filled in urgently, and therefore, should you consider yourself a suitable candidate, please submit your application online as soon as possible.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you