Web Data Services Analyst
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Web Data Services Analyst based at EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany.
Eumetsat is introducing new web based, operational Data Services including Online Data access services to download, tailor and visualise the EUMESTAT satellite data and products. The services will be cloud based (SaaS) and offer both access via Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) and standardised Programmatic Application Interfaces (API) The Web Services User support will participate in the first level activities of operating the Web services and support end users in accessing these new services.
Tasks and activities:
- 1st level Operations support:
- Support monitoring of the web services
- Support in analysing errors and deriving improvements to Monitoring
- Documentation of work routines and error handling routines
- Updating the Knowledge Data base to be used by Operators and Operations Engineers
- Support Data provision and format transformations from Long Term Archive to Online Data Access
- User Support
- Responding to questions and queries related to technical issues in accessing the services
- Reproduce the difficulties users have in access and identify the reason
- Provide material which helps users in accessing the data, in particular API access
- Interact closely with 1st level Operations and 2nd level engineering teams .
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or IT related study or other relevant experience
- Strong know how in scripting (preferably Python) and Linux
- Practical Experience in Programming using API's
- Experience in working in a user support role
- Strong team working attitude
Nice to have:
- Experience in an Operations environment
- EO data handling experience
- EO-format and Metadata experience, in particular NetCDF, XML
- Experience with support tools, e.g. Jupiter Notebook, SNAP
- Experience in collaborations tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Cloud application environment experience
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies