Software PA Support Engineer (ESA-ESTEC)
Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to national strategies.
We are seeking a Software PA Support Engineer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought-after space agencies in the world.
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-E) – Supporting women in STEM (wia-europe.org)
As Software PA Support Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme.
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance
- Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
Specific tasks experience on (or knowledge of) the following areas would be considered as an asset for this position:
- Agile practices.
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models.
- Big Data software architectures and life-cycles.
- Data quality assurance.
- Cyber-security assurance.
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools.
- Alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional work experience
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards.
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
- Configuration management of complex systems.
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco European Agencies