IT Support Engineer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Engineer based at the European Spca Operation Centre (ESOC).
Serco delivers a service to ESA’s specific application called “Planning, Forecasting and Managing System (PFMS)”. So we currently have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Engineer based at ESOC.
The ideal candidate will concentrate his/ her activities on the following:
- The application installation, upgrade and maintenance
- Set-up and configure the user PCs to optimize the running of the application
- Periodically check that the application is accessible through the network
- Supporting uploading the monthly bookings provided by users into the ERP system, via Excel templates
- Incident handling related to application and database failure
- Database management
- Support to Document Management Collaborative Tool;
- Synchronization between PFMS Database instances across ESA sites;
- Maintenance on the DB table structure and data integrity constraints;
- DB performance tuning;
- Maintenance of DB security, DB activity monitoring and auditing;
- DB backup/restore policy management; Creation/Management of scripts supporting DB backup/restore activity;
- Management of technical documentation;
- Preparation of training materials and demo to users
- Tracking of the versions of any document under Serco’s responsibility;
- Update of QMS for any documentation change with impact on it.
- Additional Support:
- Supporting ERP system by consolidating data from various external sources
- Making use of external ERP (e.g. ‘Tableau’) and 3rd party sources
- Support to Monthly Manpower and Facility Bookings.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
Essential for the position is the following:
* Good knowledge of Oracle and capability of using Oracle applications using PL/SQL;
* Good knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Access, Excel, Word;
* Advance knowledge of developing ERP Dashboards;
* Good communication skills;
* Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation and ability to work in a team;
* The successful candidate must be capable of writing Administrator and User Manuals in English.
* Computer Science degree or equivalent experience;
The following is desirable:
* SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence (BI);
* Able to migrate data from different systems;
* Capable of setting up, administrating and tuning Oracle databases;
* Knowledge of Windows Server administration;
* Experience of release management.
* Experience in Tableau Dashboard management
Please upload your CV in Europass format (see blank form attached).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team.
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies