Software Developer (Java Web Application)
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Software Developer (Java Web Application) in European Union (Remote)
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Please note that this is a 1 year fixed term position with intention of renew the contract into permanent upon good performance
As Software Developer (Java Web Application) you will be responsible for:
The Software developer is part of the ECLIPSE Product Development team and is involved in all phases of the Development Process. The responsibilities also extend to analysis/assessments of operational problems, investigation of new technology and tools, supporting junior and other developers, and contributing to the overall direction of the ECLIPSE suite of products
- Design, development, and testing of ECLIPSE application
- Full stack: involvement in all architecture layers (Web development, Java programming, Databases)
- Participate in the ECLIPSE Sprint Demo, planning and stand-ups
- Perform peer code and design reviews
- 3rd line Operational support (i.e. assist helpdesk/customer in investigating anomalies and problems)
- Produce technical documentation
- Provide technical support to other developers within the team
- Assist Product Owners in defining and improving the ECLIPSE components and modules
- Proactively striving to extend his/her own skills and capabilities in line with the agreed career goals
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar), Java (or others) certifications are an advantage
- Proven experience of delivering web-based solutions
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as JQuery and Angular
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with Object-Relational Mapping tools (ORM) such as Hibernate
- Strong experience with Relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Document-Orientated databases (MongoDB)
- Experience with Java based Indexing libraries such as Lucene is an advantage
- Experience with RESTful Web Services (oData) is an advantage
- Experience with Business Process Automation tools such as Camunda is an advantage
- Strong analytical and object-orientated design capabilities
- Advocate for good design patterns, API design, test driven development
- Familiar with Agile principles and best practises
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Able to work as part of a team and foster good team cooperation
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies