SharePoint Expert - Migration from SSP to Office 365 (ProAct001)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We are looking for a Sharepoint specialist to help to prepare a migration of a SSP platform to Office 365 & to work on a revamping exercise of the existing SSP platform.
- General administration of the SharePoint platform & Servers (installation & configuration of SSP components)
- Provide SharePoint site development, including requirements gathering, new site creation and management, and site enhancements (setting up collaborative sites like Wikis, surveys, discussion board…)
- Use SharePoint Designer for site customization and workflow development
- Build/Implement custom SharePoint Designer workflows and web pages
- Evaluate new and existing products to address customer requirements and develop recommendations where appropriate
- Configure and troubleshooting SharePoint search technologies
- Review of the architecture of existing systems
- Monitoring of the activities and performance for the all the implemented sites collections
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks
- Analysis of the integration of different systems
- Incident analysis and resolution, problem definition, analysis and resolution: preliminary diagnosis software and hardware problems, coordination with the central IT department and with 3rd party maintenance contractors.
- Maintenance of the procedures manual and the parts of the disaster recovery plans related to local specific systems and applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint installation and deployment tools, based on scripting and cloning techniques.
- Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements and business case analysis related to the web expertise
- Provision of technical evaluations and audit reports in relation with web systems infrastructure
- Production of technical documentation
- Assistance with configuration of the system for production deployment and in training administrators and users
- Security gap analysis for web content
- Knowledge of alternative tools to setup & organize a full migration of SSP Sites Collections to other platforms or to other hosting solutions
The Ideal Candidate
General Expertise & Skills
- Experience in Front End Web/SharePoint Development on SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013 and/or SharePoint Online (Office 365).
- Applicable knowledge of API/RESTful/SOAP services through SharePoint.
- Experience in developing automation solutions using PowerShell.
- Strong working knowledge of SharePoint architecture patterns including service applications.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Designer and workflow implementation.
- Source control tools like Subversion or Team Foundation Server.
- Experience of SQL, IIS, Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Experience with storage, network, and server technologies related to SharePoint.
- Strong documentation and analytical skills
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
For your information, if you are selected for this position, we can offer you a permanent employee contract (40h/week) that comes with an attractive salary and an extensive package of extralegal benefits.
Overview of extralegal benefits
- Salaries are paid 13.92 times/year if a full year is completed - as follows:
- Monthly salary 12 times
- Holiday prime paid in June (92% of the salary)
- End year bonus (usually mid-December).
- Monthly net representation allowance
- Meal vouchers/worked day
- Free hospitalization insurance
- Group Insurance (life insurance and pension saving)
- 250 EUR/year in Eco-cheques (applicable until 2022)
- Company car + fuel card (bonus if car not taken)
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies