Senior Contract Manager
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Reporting to the General Manager of Germany, the appointed candidate will undertake the following:
- Technical, contractual and commercial management for the contract(s) as the Company's representative, ensuring quality of service as well as P&L ownership, Contractual business planning and in-contract growth.
- To develop and maintain a network of relationships with the customer/s, potential customers, partners and stakeholders in order to anticipate and meet customers and stakeholders existing and future needs;
- Understand the overall Serco Europe Growth strategy, interlock and collaborate with European colleagues to achieve business goals. .
- Lead, develop and inspire direct reports and cultivate strong, competent and highly engaged teams.
- Ownership on all aspects of service provision & Management of contingencies and emergencies
- Timely production and delivery of monthly governance reports.
- People management, including training/travel planning & management, performance monitoring, periodic assessment and appraisals.
- Quality assurance, environment, health and safety on all contract(s).
- Leading customer service excellence and a continuous improvement culture.
- Interlock with Serco opportunities throughout Europe.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal canidate shall have the following experience and skills.
The following requirements are considered essential:
- University degree, or proven ability to perform the tasks commensurate with such a formal academic qualification.
- Extensive Management experience preferably in the Space and/or Service industry (but not essential).
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders to deliver positive results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Conflict management experience/capability.
- The capacity of working in parallel on a high number of tasks in an orderly and disciplined manner.
- Excellent command of English, with proven written ability. A working knowledge of German language would be an advantage
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
Car + Fuel card.
Relocation support available.
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve. Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have. You have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to the safety and security of your community and country.
Serco is a business where people and values matter. We have a strong public service ethos, and we employ people who want to make a positive difference to other people’s lives. We operate in North America, UK, Europe, Middle East, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand, and we encourage people to develop their careers moving both between different businesses and countries. And as a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled leaders is insatiable, and few companies can offer as many opportunities for people to grow their careers.
We are looking for people to join Serco who share our desire to make a positive difference, the confidence to work as part of a team, the insight to spot the opportunity to do things better, and, importantly, the ability to take the initiative and put great ideas into practice wherever they are needed.
Serco European Agencies