Senior Commercial Analyst / Financial Modeller
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a Senior Commercial Analyst / Financial Modeller, to reinforce the team in our Brussels office!
The role involves working within the European BD Team to provide dedicated, high-quality financial modelling and commercial bid support across the Business Unit, including working with teams based in Belgium, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Holland, Switzerland and others.
This is a key role within Serco to ensure that we are in the best position to win good business to grow and develop the company.
Day to day this means working with bid teams to develop and populate accurate cost models, actively challenging technical inputs, working to satisfy internal governance requirements and supporting analysis of optimal pricing solutions that will be provided to customers alongside our proposed technical solution for outsourced contracts.
This is an opportunity to work in a diverse organisation, in a highly commercial role and to gain a broad range of experience in a bidding environment.
The role will allow the individual to be able to influence decision-making on bids by using the modelling process to highlight the potential outcomes and impact of different areas of the bid strategy.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Senior Commercial Analyst / Financial Modeller you will be responsible for:
- Work within bid teams to deliver financial models, costs, price and detailed scenario analysis to influence business strategy decisions within the bid
- Provide expert modelling as required throughout the business e.g. supporting customer negotiations, operating forecasts etc.
- Provide support to the bid governance process, identifying financial and commercial risks for discussion
- Play a role in ensuring compliance across the UK with Serco Group policy and standards relating to financial modelling
- Assist in developing data manipulation capability beyond the modelling of financial data, in order to support emerging commercial propositions across the business
- Assist in the delivery of a cost-effective model audit capability and the implementation of a suite of pre-audited financial models for use across the BU
- Maintain expertise in financial reporting requirements
- Consider accounting treatments under IFRS, liaising with Group Finance, as appropriate
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Strong intellect
- Aptitude to develop expert bid financial modelling ability
- Expert Excel skills
- Relevant professional financial qualification (or equivalent combination of relevant alternative professional qualification and relevant financial experience)
- Ability to interpret financial information to aid decision-making
- Capacity to handle demanding and fluctuating workload
- Thoroughness and attention to detail with a steadiness under pressure
- Energy and tenacity
- Team player
- Strong communication skills to work with a range of people across the business
- Experience of effective working in bid teams
- Financial reporting expertise
- Understanding of insurance, employment law etc
- Demonstrable track record of innovative thinking
- Implementation of new processes and systems
Additional/special features of the role
- Opportunity to input into new business and influence strategy
- Opportunity to operate individually and within a team
- Capacity to develop commercial skills and risk management capabilities
- Strong history of progression from this role to other areas in the business
- Opportunity to work across European, multi-disciplinary bids
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies