Secretary / Administrative Assistant (RT-C/TIA-P/00127)
Do you have a solid and multiple years of experience in assisting Senior Executive You could be our new Secretary / Administrative Assistant. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Secretary / Administrative Assistant you will be responsible of the below tasks:
- Analysing incoming mail-paper and e-mail and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner to the Head of Department. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches the H/Department Office to ensure timely responses and following-up of actions;
- Supporting the Department Head in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organizational as well as contractual matters;
- Support and follow up the Department programmes activities and milestones in liaison with the Head of Department;
- Manage the procurement of promotional items for the Department in liaison with the Project Controllers; including preparation of requirements
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the Department Staff to take action on given issues;
- Maintaining TIA-P master data in ESAP in particular for Timesheet approval and for Procurement actions (follow up of shopping carts and POs approval),
- Preparation of monthly ESAP reports about Departmental time sheets approval;
- Coordinating actions with other assistants of the department and interface with the other assistants of the Directorate;
- Interfacing and coordinating activities and meetings within TIA-P department and with the other TIA or ESA departments and support on administrative matters related to use of the relevant systems;
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures) before submission for TIA-P Head of Department’s approval;
- Drafting of replies to correspondence and inquiries as appropriate and handling of the registration and distribution of correspondence and filing meetings and missions;
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Department Head or for reply at a later time. Keeping organized records of these calls and checking closure and follow up Administration;
- Planning/coordinating the Department Head agenda, commitments and meetings, organizing the missions and keeping the Department Head informed on all issues of concern;
- Preparing/coordinating and monitoring the timely completion of inputs for Directorate’s meetings supervising the preparation of files/reports for such meetings and special subjects;
- Preparation of the Department Head’s missions and travel arrangements and associated mission claims;
- Organizing VIP events and participation of the Department Head to any other events as required by his position;
- Collecting and filing of documentation and in particular JCB, legal and financial documents;
- Establishing and maintaining the structure and records and files on the Management Information Systems such as Eclipse, SharePoint
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- An university’s degree preferably in Business and administration discipline.
- A solid and multiple years of experience in assisting Senior Executive is mandatory.
- Proven sense of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as very good qualities of order, method, tact, initiative, and in particular discretion are required.
- A proficiency in the use of the Agency’s information systems and tools (ESAP, Eclipse) is required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools, in particular Excel and powerpoint;
- A good knowledge of French language will be considered as an asset
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies