RT-C/TEC-QQM/00555 Product Assurance and Safety Support Engineer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Product Assurance and Safety Support Engineer based at ESTEC.
The successful candidate will support the Galileo System PA&S Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo System Product Assurance and Safety Programme. This includes support to any or all of the following activities:
- Provide PA&S support to the Galileo System Integration and Verification (SIV) activities;
- Review test procedures and test reports;
- Witness test executions and report on the status and major issues;
- Participate in TRRs, PTRs, TRBs;
- Support configuration inspections as needed;
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of contractors’ waivers and deviations and the preparation of ESA System waivers and deviations;
- Contribute to the identification and processing of non-conformances and to the proceedings of the Galileo Non-conformance Review Boards (NRB);
- Participate in Project Reviews at System level, and at Segment level when requested, by reviewing documentations, raising comments and RIDs, discussing them with industry and providing feedback particularly on major critical areas;
- Provide PA&S support to the GNSS Evolution development activities as required;
- Provide PA&S support to Galileo Security related activities as required;
- Maintain the Office PA&S tools and repositories;
- Support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System and the implementation of other Management Systems (e.g. Information Security).
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements; Produce reports on guidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable requirements.
- Support to launch campaigns.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a PhD or M.Sc. Engineering from a recognised Institute of secondary studies or equivalent and minimum of 10 years’ experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance.
Additionally, the person requires:
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations.
- Relevant experience in PA&S management in the space domain.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies