Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Documentalist.
The successful candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks:
- Gathering of deliverable documents from the Project Industrial Consortium, Principal Investigators, Technical Officers and in-house experts.
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services as needed.
- Handling confidential and export controlled information (e.g. ITAR) and access rights of users with respect to these deliverables.
- Provide assistance in documentation handling to the Project Scientific Institutes / Principal Scientists Teams and supporting users in retrieving documents from sources like Eclipse, FTPs…
- Build up and maintenance of the Project document registration/filing system, acting as a point of contact for all the Project interfaces for documentation/administrative tools.
- Create all reviews platforms in a specific tool as Eclipse (e.g. PDRs, CDRs…).
- Coordinate the setup of various internal and external file exchanging platforms (e.g. FTP).
- Support to enhancements of the document management system and concepts, and of future improvements.
- Provision of support to the Project Control and Product Assurance Sections in the processing of RfDs, RfWs, DCRs, DCNs, CCNs, keeping track of them and providing overviews.
- Provision of various logistic and administrative support to the Project.
- Preparation of memo’s and letters in support to the Project.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archives and where appropriate register this information in the DMS database.
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services.
- Process configuration controlled document changes and of official papers relevant to the activities of the unit.
- Supporting users for retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry, out of paper archives, other sources like ESTEC library, scanned documents on CD-ROM or via Internet, etc.
- Provision of paper copies of electronic documents on request, creation of electronic versions of documents.
- Management of original files.
- Related support to project reviews.
- Support to enhancements of the document management concepts and of future improvements.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), and minimum 4 years of experience in the tasks similar to the ones described above.
Additionally, applicants should have:
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated sound experience with a documentation management system, the setup of project reviews and the setup of the documentation exchange system between multiple entities (ESA, industry, scientific institutions…)
- Experience in all the implementative phases of a mission, composed by multiple international interfaces; such experience in a scientific mission is a definite asset.
- Experience in the administration and documentation management matters for launch campaign, previous participation in at least one launch campaign is an asset.
- The candidate shall have the clearance to handle export controlled documentation (e.g. ITAR) and have sound experience in handling c0nfidential and export controlled documentation;
- The candidate shall have also experience in the support of the logistics and administration of a Space Project.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages.
- The candidate shall be highly organised, with attention to details and be able to efficiently work under pressure and stringent schedule.
- The candidate shall demonstrate excellent communication skills, have distinctive customer focus and be a strong team player.
- General interest in and good understanding of technical, programmatic and policy issues of ESA Scientific programmes.
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Proficiency in the English, French and the Dutch languages is a mandatory requirement.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Nederland BV, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies