RT-C/HRE-MC/00062 Assistant Configuration Officer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Configuration Officer based at ESTEC.
The successful post holder will concentrate his/her activities on the following:
• Control of the implementation of the Customer CM requirements by
reviewing Contractors CM Plans and relevant Documents
• Control of the Technical and Design Baseline by reviewing related
documentation (eg CIDL)
• Control of the Baselines Evolution (change implementation process)
• Control and review of the As-built certification (ABCDLs)
• Participation to the Incremental Review in subcontractor sites in order to
verify the As-Design and As-Built documentation in correlation with the
HW integration / testing and Acceptance.
• Participating in Project Reviews (PSR,FAR, QR) and Production
reviews (IRR, TRR, PTR, DRB)
It includes the following typical duties in the ESA team :
• Provide administrative support to the ECB (Engineering Change Board)
& JECB ; organise the review of specific Engineering /PA Documentation
like NCRs, RFD/RFWs, ECPs, CRs, OCRs, etc.. and manage the
interface exchanges with Industries and NASA
• Maintain the ESM Requirement Baseline (EMDL) under control for all
• Provide administrative support to the CCB (Contractual Change Board)
and manage the interface exchanges with Industries and NASA
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
• Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge
of another official ESA language is an asset.
• Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources
in aerospace industry.
• Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource
management support tools/databases of standard office automation
support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel
(Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
• Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and
environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience
with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
Specific Competence Requirements:
• University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary
studies or equivalent qualification
• Proven experience in Configuration Management in Space Companies /
Organizations are an asset.
• Adequate knowledge and understanding of the applicable ESA
Configuration Management requirements and standards such as
MS-ESA-RQ-100, MS-ESA-RQ-108, ECSS-M40 are an asset;
• Good knowledge of the specific activities and/or organisation, of the
applicable configuration management working procedures and support
tool(s) are an asset.
• Previous experiences in fields like Product Assurance, System
Engineering and Production Control are an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies