RT-C/HIF-FC/00094 Secretary / Administrative Assistant
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Secretary / Administrative Assistant.
The ideal candidate will focus his/her activities on the following tasks:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Organization of agenda and of meetings.
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
In addition to the above that correspond to standard activities in support to an organisational unit, the ideal candidate may also cover the following tasks:
- Support to the Project Review Process.
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Data collection, extraction from various corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
Special requirements for the division:
- Maintaining the risk register;
- Administering the SharePoint site;
- Setting up a configuration management for the Documents produced by the Division;
- Preparing presentations in Power Point on the basis of inputs provided by the experts;
- Handling confidential information and sensitive information;
- Proof reading, formatting of documents for the Executive Board and ESA governance bodies;
- Maintaining and updating the missions schedule for ESA Council;
- Supporting the PPS Project Manager in change management and logistical tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
- For site specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is also required.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Nederland BV, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies