RAMS Engineer (Dependability and Safety Support Engineer RT-C/TEC-QQD/00629)
Are you looking for a next step in your career and have RAMS background? Ideally you have worked with Space projects before for at least 4 years. Come and join us in our team at the European Space Agency. You can find out more by contacting our recruitment team.
As a RAMS Engineer (Dependability and Safety Support Engineer), you will support the Navigation Directorate and especially the Galileo System PA Unit:
- Review of Project Segments RAMS analyses (i.e. Ground Segments and Space Segment)
- Production of Project System RAMS analyses
- Support the collection of in-service data and their statistical processing
- Support the development of the System RAMS tool
- Knowledge of the Navigation domain would be an asset
- Contribute to establishing project specific programmatic and technical dependability and safety requirements within the framework of the ESA Product Assurance & Safety baseline
- Support to projects in the evaluation and monitoring of Contractor’s plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the dependability and safety programs
- Support to the concurrent design facility (CDF) studies by performing technical risk assessment and relevant dependability and safety analyses
- Evaluation of dependability and safety analyses, technical notes, technical risk assessments, risk reduction processes and the associated preventive or corrective actions
- Defining and controlling the implementation of the applicable dependability and safety related acceptance requirements including risk acceptance criteria
- Support dependability and safety verification activities, including hazard close-out and disposition of related NCR, RFW and Critical Items
- Participating in project reviews to assess compliance with the applicable RAMS requirements and to formulate accept/reject recommendations
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring as RAMS Engineer:
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations
- Master’s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems
- A hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage
- Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch centre safety certification is an advantage
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification" and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC
- Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space is considered an asset
- Candidates must be eligible for an EU security clearance
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage.
* For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us : +31 (0) 621596020
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA). We have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies