Project Manager (17657, L3)
We are hiring our future Project Manager in our great Team from Brussels, to manage the implementation of information systems to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
Join our Team in a multi-cultural environment in the heart of an International Organisation to live the Serco Values !!
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
- Manage the implementation of information systems to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
- Prepare, maintain and monitor the project planning of each client.
- Perform technical and quality checks by writing SQL queries and executing scripts in PL/SQL.
- Collaborate with the other PMs of the team for the resources allocation, activities and the lessons learnt.
- Coordinate issues resolution.
- Give proposals for project strategies, planning, definition of tasks and deliverables, review of project deliverables, quality control, risk analysis and management, status reports, problem reporting and management systems, follow up and organisation.
- Guide the team in charge of project activities and review their deliverables.
- Participate in functional working groups, technical and progress meetings.
- Estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed terms of reference.
- Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and track activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports.
- Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensure that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
- Manage the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project sponsors.
Knowledge and skills
- Project management.
- Good knowledge of project management standards and methodologies.
- Usage of project management tools.
- Good technical knowledge on the projects aspects.
- Knowledge on relational databases.
- Good reporting methods.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Ability to apply high quality standards to all tasks
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills.
- Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team, understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Leadership capability.
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the
European Commission, you should also have the following nontechnical skills:
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
- Ability to understand, speak and write English; French is an asset.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with a high degree of rigour and method and, more specifically, to follow naming conventions and coding standards
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project
Education and Experience
- Level of education corresponding to level 7 of the European Qualifications Framework, which typically corresponds to a master's level or 5 years of higher education; where the minimum number of years of education is not fulfilled, 2 years of professional experience will be
- considered as equivalent for 1 year of study.
- Minimum 9 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with a project management methodology (e.g. Prince2).
- Experience in the Human Resource Domain is an asset.
WARNING: you should be security clearable (with scope application EU)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies