Mission Desk Assistant
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mission Desk Assistant, based in Noordwijk (Netherlands).
The Mission Desk Assistant shall carry out a variety of administrative and financial tasks in Serco’s Mission Desk service in the Financial Operations Division at ESTEC, such as:
- Receiving mission claims and checking supporting vouchers and invoices;
- Calculating the settlement of the mission based on the rules of the agency;
- Entering the settlement data into the customer’s database;
- Filing the vouchers, invoices and other supporting documentation;
- Receiving and checking invoices from travel agent and car hire and entering the data into the customer’s database;
- Corporate credit card execution and ticket discrepancies reconciliation;
- Ticket error list rectification and statistical projection;
- Payment list proposals checking and execution;
- Uploading invoices and credit notes in SAP;
- Rectification of SAP-posting error log;
- Providing staff with information about the ESA rules on missions, as well as with explanations concerning settled travel claims;
- Creation of statistics and reports as requested;
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by the Service Manager.
The ideal candidate should bring a completed Secondary Education and certification on SAP; at least 3 years of experience within a similar international role and the following:
- Proficiency in English both oral and written is essential (Dutch or English mother-tongue is not mandatory); knowledge of another member state language is an asset;
- High level of flexibility;
- Highly proficient in SAP, MS office, Lotus Notes and other computer software;
- Ability to acquire proficiency with new software used by the agency;
- Good organisation skills, good communication skills;
- Ability to cope with pressure and work in a team;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the team and with the outside world.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview
Serco European Agencies