Infrastructure System Engineer
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
The Joint Research Centre (JRC) is the European Commission's science and knowledge service which employs scientists to carry out research in order to provide independent scientific advice and support to EU policy. Serco is currently looking for a Infrastructure System Engineer to join our great team in Karlsruhe, Germany!
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in this new job opportunity!
DISCLAIMER: Please inform your Service Manager or Contract Manager before applying for internal positions outside your team
As Infrastructure System Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Administration of Windows-based server platform (Windows Server 2016/2019)
- Administration and maintenance of local applications
- Administration and maintenance of CISCO switches (Layer 2)
- Scripting & configuration in context of systems & infrastructure
- Evaluation and implementation of security standards
- Administration of virtualization platforms (VMware vSphere 7)
- Production of technical documentation and training manuals for management and users.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
Very good experience in the following fields is required:
- System administration of Windows servers (2016 and newer), including Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP
- Administration of complex IT environments
- Support for users.
The following practical experience is desirable:
- Firewalls configuration and maintenance: CheckPoint or similar
- Administration of server virtualization platforms (VMware vSphere)
- Administration of NFS storage protocols on Netapp NAS storage infrastructure
- ITIL service management framework
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies