Head of Accounting, Serco Belgium
The Head of Accounting is responsible for the financial compliance with Belgium and Luxemburg accounting, VAT and tax requirements. You will timely deliver accurate monthly reporting to Serco group. You will also be in charge of the internal control over the financial processes.
The scope of responsibility is Serco Belgium, Serco Luxemburg and the Belgium branch of Serco Limited (UK company).
Summary of Main responsibilities :
- Ensure appropriate financial compliance and governance.
- Deliver to group timely and accurate accounts.
- Continuous improvement of financial processes/systems in order to improve compliance and efficiency.
- Provide the business leaders with relevant financial information
- Manage and coach a team of 2 accountants
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity!
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Head of Accounting you will be responsible for:
- Run effectively the daily, monthly and annual finance operations (accounting, treasury, tax & VAT)
- To be the responsible of statutory and regulatory financial requirements and ensure the appropriate level of awareness.
- Manage the monthly closing processes at country level and ensure timely and accurate reporting of financials.
- Timely deliver the reporting required by group, division and management (flash report, Narratives, Interco reconciliation, closing load files, reconciliation, cash flow and analysis, tax pack).
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns. Contacts with administration.
- Statutory accounts preparation according to Belgium GAAP and timing.
- Responsible for appropriate financial accounting policies and controls are in place and take responsibility for ensuring successful internal and external audit outcomes.
- Review of financial processes and controls in order to improve compliance and efficiency.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations according to group requirements.
- Communicate about balance sheet risks and opportunities.
- Support in contract profitability analysis
- Support for budget
- Management of internal and external audits
- Management and coaching of the accounting team
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- Will have operated as a head of accounting in an international business of an appropriate size and complexity.
- Ability to analyse business processes and propose improvements.
- Evidence of experience in working in a changing environment.
- Be able to work in a structured and methodical manner, deadline driven
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar function for an international company.
- IFRS and Belgium GAAP knowledge.
- Fluent in French or Dutch & English
- Demonstrate high cognitive ability.
- Proven track record in building positive relationships.
- Identifies ways to improve the accounting processes and implement. Continually seeks improved and more efficient methods of working.
- A high degree of integrity, personal self-discipline and a strong work ethics with a flexible approach to the job, being prepared to challenge the norms and capable of using own initiative.
- Delivery focused – ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Benefits include Meal Vouchers, Hospitalisation Insurance, Pension
20 days leave + 15 additional RTT days due to 40 hour week.
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at a
Serco European Agencies