Head of Accounting / Finance
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
The key person will:
- Report to the Senior Finance Manager Belgium
- Supervision and coaching of small team of accountants
Scope : Accounting of entities at the level of statutory and group reporting:
- Branches in Germany and Luxembourg
Roles and Responsibilities :
1. Management of the accounting team in order to achieve the objectives and tasks of the department. Coaching of the accounting team.
2. Ensure the closing of the account, monthly, for all entities within the deadlines set by the group.
3. Ensure the preparation of the reporting by a set deadline ( flash report, Narrative report, Interco Rec, closing the load file, Balance sheet Reconciliation, monthly cash flow analysis, Tax pack, etc.).
4. Control and validation of all the newspapers in the package of accounting (Sun systems).
5. Preparation of various operations of closing ( depreciation, wages, accruals,....).
6. Audit and reconciliation of all tax reports ( VAT, intracom, client list,...) and sending these reports to the administration.
7. Reconciliation of accounts balance sheet.
8. Accounts preparation statutory and management audit of the three entities.
9. Preparation of files for tax returns.
10. Creation and management of permanent records.
11. Assistance in the creation and implementation of all procedures necessary for the proper management of financial accounts.
12. Assistance for the analysis of the profitability of contracts.
13. Assistance for the preparation of forecasts and budgets.
14. Management of the register of fixed assets
15. Support internal and external audit
The Ideal Candidate
The key person has:
- Bachelor in Accountancy
- Knowledge of Belgium GAAP, IFRS, Belgium corporate tax and VAT
- ERP experience (SAP would be an asset)
- Able to work in a structured manner.
- Fluent in English. French/Dutch
- Computer litterate
- Good reasoning
- Experienced : 5 years+
- Potential to grow with the function and organization
- Ability to cope with stress
- Ability to work in a changing environment (process, system, people, objectives, priorities,....)
- Able to set and reset priorities if needed
- Good communicator with peers, management & customers
- Positive mindset
The key person will contribute to transform a financial department to become a world class organization.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable)
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco European Agencies