HR Intern Health & Safety
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for an HR Intern Health & Safety for 5 months minimum, to reinforce the team in our Brussels office!
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
The objective of the internship is to work closely with the QHSE Senior Advisor and HR Manager BeLux to work on specific projects that aim to ensure our Health and Safety standards are respected, but also find areas for improvement :
- Support HR in developing an effective Employee Onboarding program to help new employees receive the required safety knowledge and skills they need to be integrated to the company.
- Work on Safety video project development.
- Assist HSE with conducting proactive risk assessments to identify and minimize potential risks in different Serco locations.
- In conjunction with QHSE Advisor, ensure the organization is maintaining compliance with legislative requirements and that appropriate programmes are implemented to meet new legislative requirements.
- Review chemical lists and ensure MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) are available, and Instructions Cards are created and delivered.
- Assist with maintenance of HSE Management Systems to ensure compliance with ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and client requirements.
- Coordinate with the QHSE team in Italy to review current HSE documents and update if needed.
- Day to day support of HSE programmes on sites.
- You will also be assigned a mentor/buddy during your internship to assist you throughout your internship.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- University Degree at Bachelor’s or Master’s level.
- Ability to work autonomously, but with a good team spirit
- Attention to detail, affinity with figures and swift follow-up of actions
- Excellent sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Good level of understanding and application of legal texts in the area of HR
- Very good communication skills, in particular as regards the preparation of clear written correspondence in English, French or Dutch.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
- Programme Outline and supervisor accessibility
- Interesting and engaging work
- Future career opportunities
- Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies