Frequency and Timing Engineer
Are you fascinated about Space? Do you have background in supporting relevant Ground Station developments and experience in design and procurement of F&T systems? You could be our new Frequency and Timing Engineer. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Organisation for the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) based in Darmstadt, Germany.
The position is offered as a fixed-term contract until 30/06/2022.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Frequency and Timing Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Support relevant Ground Station developments; As the role of an expert, participation in the procurement tender evaluation boards and providing support to design reviews and factory and site acceptance tests.
- Support technology development activities; as per the definition of requirements, including preliminary prototype's, bread boarding activities and support evaluation of achievements
- Support preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance
- Support operations during critical phases
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Experience (min. 4 years) in the following areas;
- Design and procurement of F&T systems
- Caesium and rubidium based F&T systems (in 15m antennas)
- Optical clocks
- Microwave (Sapphire) clocks
- Optical (fibre) clock distribution
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies