Expert Product Owner - 6197
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring an Expert Product Owner - 6197 for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Expert Product Owner - 6197 you will be responsible for:
- Working within the agile process and is the final authority for decisions regarding priority, business
- value, and functionality for all the work done by the agile development team.
- Possessing an in depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the project.
- Interacting and validates requirements with the business
- Creating, maintaining, prioritizing, and sequencing the product backlog based on business value or
- return of investment.
- Is involved in the decision making process related to user stories scheduling into sprints.
- Participating in project planning.
- Participating to retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Reviewing deliverable and demonstrable product version/software functionalities after every sprint.
- Organizing live demonstration of the product at the end of the sprint.
- Facilitating the acceptance of the product by the business.
- Providing progress reporting.
- Assisting with internal and external communication by improving of transparency and dissemination
- of information.
- Assisting with preparation of guidelines and training material
- Interacting with the business analysts, customer, users, project leaders and the developers
- Assists with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION
- Master Degree of 5 years
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Rapid self-starting capability
- Ability to take decision in case of issues efficiently and fast
- Ability to give business and technical presentations
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Very good communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- Capability to write clear and structured business requirements documents
- Ability to participate in meetings with stakeholders and good communication skills
- Very good communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences. Knowledge of the
- Commission’s Erasmus+ programme and its programme guide
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects;
- Excellent Team Player
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English level C1, knowledge in French B1 will be an advantage
- High degree of discretion and integrity is required as the applications managed and maintained in DG EAC, unit B4 contain personal and confidential data
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies