Executive Assistant to German General Manager and Leadership Team
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Sercos space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to German General Mananger and Leadership Team based at Serco Support Office, Darmstadt, Germany.
The times where the EA (Executive Assistant) primarily was handling meetings and appointments are over. Today, the job demands a range of talents and offers a key position within the executive leadership. Within Serco Services GmbH, the EA will report directly to the German General Manager. The EA will be part of a small team which will provide high level organisational and administrative assistance. The role will also provide a key point of contact within the Business Unit for all key operational stakeholders.
The key purpose of the role includes:
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- Essential: General university entrance qualification
- Desirable: Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Essential technical and professional skills and knowledge
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Visio and strong MS Power point skills
- Strong IT skills and able to take on role of a superuser for specific internal systems
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills to achieve timely results within a pressurised environment.
- Ability to handle all confidential issues always professionally
- Strong relationship management within the team and across divisional boundaries and able to demonstrate clear knowledge on the purpose and vision of the German Business operational priorities
- Demonstrates a ‘One Serco’ mindset through building collaborative relationships and up to date knowledge of Serco internal networks
Essential qualifications cont’d:
- ‘Can Do’ attitude, willing & able to provide practical assistance or project support to the capabilities as required
- Customer-centred and engaging: The post holder must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to interact at all levels of seniority.
- Able to represent the function and demonstrate a clear awareness on the purpose and vision of the German Business Unit.
- Fluency in English and German language
- Ability to demonstrate discretion and diplomacy
- Previous experience in a similar role, working for senior Directors who have a large operational remit
- Experience of working on a contract with good knowledge of the contract environment & operational drivers
- Good awareness & knowledge of German Business Customer base
- Good awareness & knowledge of HR practices/employment aspects & people engagement
- Working as part of a team
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the worlds largest providers of public services,employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to peoples lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers front-line public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies