Database Developer (DBD)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Database Developer (DBD) for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Database Developer (DBD) you will be responsible for:
- Data modelling.
- Database design and implementation
- Development, maintenance and integration of the data base related components
- Follow up Data Base based procedures.
- Implement core business logic.
- Elaboration of tests.
- Creation of servers and databases for functionality.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Participating in the design and creation of scalable software.
- Maintenance of code integrity, organization and interdependencies.
- Compile and analyse data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues.
- Meet both technical and consumer needs.
- Write technical documentation
- Risk analysis
- Provision of technical evaluations and audit reports in relation with information systems infrastructure.
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system
- Participation in meetings with the project teams
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION
- Bachelor degree of 3 years.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Following skills and knowledge are required for the performance of the above listed tasks:
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Attention to details.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects;
- Excellent Team Player
- Ability to understand, speak and write in ENGLISH and or French
- High degree of discretion and integrity is required as the applications managed and maintained in DIGIT/B.2 contain personal and confidential data.
Following specific expertise is mandatory for the performance of tasks:
- Good knowledge of the design and development of web applications;
- Good knowledge of web application development frameworks;
- Knowledge of scripting languages;
- Knowledge of Rich Internet Application technologies;
- Knowledge of web technologies and standards (e.g. HTML5, XML);
- Good algorithmic skills.Tools: Oracle SQL Developer Oracle*Designer, TOAD, SQL*Plus & Oracle utilities
- Excellent conceptual knowledge of Oracle 12g-19g, PL/SQL and SQL
- Expert in analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of applications in Oracle Application and client/server configurations.
- Excellent conceptual knowledge of Oracle 11g, PL/SQL and SQL
- Experience in creating master detail forms and adding alerts.
- Experience in forms based on views, tables and procedures in tabular and form layouts.
- Web layout and paper lay out reports in various styles based on the user requirements.
- Database design using Normalization and E/R Diagrams.
- SQL queries, Views, Materialized views, PL/SQL procedures, functions, packages, triggers,cursors, collections, Ref cursor, cursor variables, System reference cursor, Dynamic SQL.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies