Data Record Processing and Reporting Analyst
Are you fascinated about Space? Are you familiar with the routine activities of meteorological product reprocessing and climate data set generation? Do you have experience in working with UNIX scripting language such as Shell script, Python or similar in a Unix environment? You could be our new Data Record Processing and Reporting Analyst.
As Data Record Processing and Reporting Engineer you will be in charge of handling the routine reprocessing for Climate Data Record (CDR) generation, involving the handling of Earth Observation source data for these activities, the operating and monitoring of computing processes and the graceful ingestion of the results into the Data Centre Archive.
Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) based in Darmstadt, Germany.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Data Record Processing and Reporting Analyst you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Carry out the routine activities of meteorological product reprocessing and climate data set generation;
- Scheduling of the processing activities with the implementation and validation teams;
- Monitor the production process and generate routine reports and documentation;
- Address processing problems and raise anomaly reports;
The successful candidate should be able to prepare inputs to climate product processing and validation and the graceful ingestion of the products generated into the Data Centre Archive; support users / user queries on accessing the products generated. Also, maintain the data organisation on the storage system used for reprocessing and organise and oversee data provision / download of 3rd party data needed for reprocessing from external partners and the media data delivery of reprocessed data to special users.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Proven experience in data management and analysis skills:
- Experience in writing / adapting Software for data handling / processing using mainly UNIX scripting language such as Shell script, Python or similar in a Unix environment;
- Basic understanding of statistics generation and the use of analytical tools.
- Experience in the operation of computer systems, preferably in an operational or real-time environment running under both Windows and UNIX operating systems
- Proven experience in using MS Office, including familiarity with the use of MS Word, MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Outlook
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
Additional experience of the following would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of Earth Observation data and formats (such as NetCDF, BUFR, GRIB etc.).
The successful candidate is self-motivated, works reliably and independently and can drive issues forward. A keen interest in organising and working with data is essential.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies