Data Access Training Engineer
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Data Access Training Engineer in Darmstadt.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :) Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) based in Darmstadt, Germany.
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
The service requires the Engineer to be responsible for providing user training activities for the EUMETSAT Data Access Services (Data Store, Data Tailor and EUMETView), as well as maintaining the training infrastructure for the European Weather Cloud (EWC).
As Data Access Training Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Prepare regular user training informing users on technical aspects of the data access services, addressing FAQ’s and identified use cases;
- Organise and run dedicated events that will help the users to optimally work with the offered online data access services and the Hosted Processing service;
- Report on the attendance of user training activities;
- Suggest improvements aimed at attracting more users to trainings and making the training more effective;
- Supporting community and network development through online communication platform (e.g. /slack / rocket chat), implementing user knowledge sharing events and webinars.
Maintain training infrastructure and support to trainers:
- Maintain the training infrastructure on the EWC:
o Maintenance of scripts to create VMs, account management and system administration of training machines;
o Maintaining notebook hub (trainhub.eumetsat,int), Jupyter hub;
o Maintaining and organising data sets used in training for use across the weather cloud;
o Supporting trainers in using the VMs;
- Provide same support to similar infrastructures as required.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Experience in working with user communities and feedback
- Experience with Remote Sensing data visualisation (Image Processing Systems or GIS)
- Working with EO data, metadata, large sizes and formats (NetCDF, GEOTIFF)
- Experience in design of courses for scientifically oriented audience
Degree in IT related study (e.g Data Science), Earth Science / Remote Sensing study or other comparable experience
English level B2 minimum
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies