Assistant Security Officer (Noordwijk,Netherlands )
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We are proactively looking for an Assistant Security Officer based at ESTEC, Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
The post covers support in the field of Security Management under the responsibility of the Head of the ESTEC Health, Safety & Security Section.
As such it involves oversight of security operations and ensuring that security management procedures and physical security measures are properly applied at ESTEC. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Oversight of the security personnel that provides guarding, monitoring, reporting, fire prevention, emergency response and firefighting services.
- Ensuring the physical security of the ESTEC site, buildings, activities and events on site.
- Ensuring that appropriate preparations for accidents, incidents, calamities or security infringement are effectively in place.
- Executing investigations into security incidents.
- Monitoring of and reporting on security practices on site.
- Maintaining up to date documentation in respect of security procedures and compliance with relevant policies and standards.
- Analyse data and reports to form proposals for improvements.
- Support the ESTEC Head Health, Safety & Security Section.
- Represent the Security and Safety Section in meetings requiring security input and coordination.
The ideal candidate should bring appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Proven record of working experience in international and multicultural context like ESTEC.
- Ability to write (technical) documentation (reports, procedures) in the English language.
- The official languages of the agency are English and French. A good knowledge of English and Dutch is essential.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent communications skills and the ability to work under demanding conditions.
- His/her ability to swiftly grasp and gain knowledge of the ESA-ESTEC site and (operational) procedures is essential.
Additionally, the successful candidate requires:
- A technical Degree (Bsc., Diploma or equivalent) from a recognised institution or equivalent.
- Applicants for this post should have in depth previous experience in the field of security supported by formal training.
- Experience in conducting investigations is essential.
- The key person should be able to establish effective interfaces.
- Tact and good communication skills are required.
- The applicant must be willing and able to hold a Personal Security Clearance (PSC) while in post.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
For further information on the anticipated start date please email the Serco Europe Recruitment Team on email@example.com
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies