Assistant Outreach Support Expert
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day
The work covers the following areas:
•Education Resources Development.
•Development and follow up of educational activities (projects, didactics) for primary and secondary school teacher and students.
•Development and follow up of programmes and didactics for university students .
•Set-up of educational initiatives promoting the use of ISS and other space facilities where applicable.
•Increase of the awareness of the ESA space programmes and the space sector at large in the European Education communities.
•Educational outreach and promotion activities.
•For SCI educational activities, it shall be noted that this office is a complementary activity within the directorate to firstly lay down education requirements in collaboration with the ESA Education Office, and also defines a set of activities targeted, particularly at schoolteachers. The activities are jointly carried out with the ESA Education Office. This focus is particularly relevant as science is part of many school curricula and the need to establish a link between ESA’s scientific missions and the educational world is essential- Provide outreach related expert support in fields such as event management, web-site development and content management as well as graphical design
- Interface with ESA corporate communications to implement TIA Directorate level communications plan and activities
- Support to social media activities
- Organise and maintain internal communication activities
- Support the coordination of review and approval process of communication material at Director’s level
- Propose and initiate new communication activities
- Support coordination and logistics of Director level events in ECSAT
- Pitching ideas for potential content pieces that he/she would like to create.
- Support participation to Harwell Campus activities
- Participation to Harwell Campus related meetings.
•Ability to use knowledge of the education environment (school and university STEM curricula, STEM pedagogy and STEM didactics), of sciences and engineering in general, and in particular of the ESA space programmes (Human Spaceflight, Exploration, and Science, Earth Observation, Launchers, Technology, etc) space projects to generate and sustain a number of formal and informal education projects, programmes and initiatives aimed at 1. increasing young people’s literacy and competence in STEM disciplines, 2. at encouraging and enabling them to undertake STEM careers (in the space domain in particular), and 3. at increasing awareness of the importance of space in modern society and economy from an educational point of view. Activities range from capacity building in the school teacher community using space as a context (curricular teacher training and classroom resources), to space-related hands-on projects for school students, to hands-on space projects (satellites, experiments, etc) and training & learning programmes (courses, lectures, etc) for university students. ranging from proposing experiments for space, to run public awareness event all over Europe.
•Provide and review the necessary inputs to be given to all the education related outreach, information and promotion products events and materials (ranging from communication plans, web, social media, printed materials site , articles, events, etc to posters, lecture series and teachers workshops).
•Ability of interfacing with ESA/Academia/Space industry experts.
- University degree (Bachelor) related to specific expertise required
- Excellent command of English, especially written. Knowledge of the other main European languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary and international teams - Good knowledge of ESA telecommunications and integrated application programmes is a distinct asset
- Strong skills in planning and organisation, communication, relationship management and customer focus as well as innovation and creativity
- Ability to cope with pressure and deadlines
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview
Serco European Agencies